Login as guest: http://21cif.mrooms.net/course/view.php?id=58
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions:
How much time will this take?
Plan for at least 5 hours of instruction (about an hour a day). It will be easy to put in more time than that. We hope you'll find the information so interesting that the time will fly by.Do I have to login at a specific time each day?
The course is completely time shifted. It's designed so that participants can enter the online classroom 24/7 and still interact. This let's you fit the class to your schedule. We'll go Monday - Friday, with the following Saturday to wrap things up.
What will I learn how to do?
- Create a Google account
- Upload documents to Google docs
- Share a Google document with a colleague
- View the revision history of a shared document (a wiki like function of Gdocs)
- Publish a shared document as a web page that automatically updates when the source document is edited.
- We also have an optional independent study module on how to use Google Docs offline.
How is this course taught?
Instruction includes the use of illustrated webpages and video. Additionally Dennis O'Connor will be facilitating this class. (Dennis is a highly trained online teacher.) There are discussion forums where participants can share ideas. The instructor will also be monitoring the class for questions and be available for trouble shooting help.
What about teaching resources?You will find many resources with ideas for teachers and librarians interested in using Google Docs in the classroom.
How long will I have access to this course?
The course remains open to you for at least three months so you can continue study and have access to the resources.
How do I register?
- First establish an account on http://21cif.mrooms.net. Note the graphic on the course home page. (Each person taking the class should create their own account.)
- Next login using your established username and password.
- Click into the Gdocs online classroom.(Found in the Information Fluency Category.)
- When you first enter you'll be presented with a PayPal registration page.
- Click through to pay for the class by credit card.
- You do not need a Pay Pal account to use this secure system. (We do not store your credit card information.)
- Once you have paid you'll be returned to the Gdocs class.
- The full course will open on October 27th.