This is a NEW resource listing best practices in online instruction from the University of Wisconsin-Stout Online Professional Development Department.
The checklist presents best practices in online teaching. Included are essential ideas for all online instructors during all stages of an online course.
- What do you do before the class starts?
- What should be accomplished during the first week of class?
- What expectations should be met during the class?
- How do you make the most of your last week of class?
- Managerial Expectations
- Social Expectations
- Pedagogical / Instructional Design Expectations.
- Technical Expectations
This is the talk we walk. It is important to have a reference we can give to new online instructors. We summarized all of the field smarts developed by our online staff over the years.
We would love to hear more suggestions for online instructor best practices.
Have you any resources or ideas to share?