Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Getting Into the Flow

All of my life I've wanted education to be more like what's described in this video. I count myself fortunate that I'm still able to get into the flow when learning, teaching, reading, and researching online. In many ways the Internet and the Information Fluency skills I've developed over the past decade have guaranteed me a ticket to ride (the flow that is).

One of the things that promotes flow is listening to music as you work. More often than not I've moved into the deep concentration and mental focus I think of as Flow while listening to music.  When this happens I've learned to appreciate the moment and go with it.

Can school be like this?  

Yes, I recall many a writing workshop session that was a hot bed of  flow.  ~ Dennis


Born to Learn: Class Reunion from Born to Learn on Vimeo.

No comments: